Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chocolate Chip Shortbread Sticks




These are one of my favorites. I am a sucker for shortbread, and being dipped in choclate doesn't hurt. I have included my tips for making these cookies successful. The first year I made these was a diaster until I learned these tips.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Ingredients:

1 cup of butter

1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar

2 cups of flour

1/2 cup of Nestle mini chocolate chips



Beat all ingredients, except chips. Stir in chips.



Shape heaping Tablespoons of dough into 3" think logs. Place on non stick or lightly greased cookie sheets.

Bake until the bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet and place on waxed paper, carefully, to cool.

Freeze overnight or longer.

Melt a half bag of milk chocolate chips in a double boiler) Dip each stick into the chocolate about 1/3 the way up. Immediately place on waxed paper. Chill to solidify chocolate.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Hey Kyla! Love the blog. these look so easy and yummy - I think they'd go perfect with a cup of coffee!

Jaime said...

these look so good! i love shortbread... but with chocolate chips?! perfect :)