Sunday, November 25, 2007

Peanut Butter Blossoms



I am one of those odd people who isn't a fan of chocolate and peanut butter. I never eat Reeses peanut butter cups. My friends and family, however, rave about these cookies. Again they are are tried and true family favorite and one I could never remove from the rotation. This year I tried to go transfat free with my cookies, these are an exception. I didn't think they would work without the shortning.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (My grandmother swore everything should be cookied at 350.)

1/2 cup shortening.
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
Hersey kisses
In large bowl beat shortening and peanut butter with electric mixer. Add the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat in the flour.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls Roll balls in the 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on a ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned. Immediately press a kiss in the center of each cookies.

No comments: